Get Involved in Research
There are numerous ways to get involved in research projects. From self-report studies to actual participation, there are ways to get involved and possibly become a study participant. Here is a list of a few different options.
- Clinicaltrials.gov: This is a database of clinical studies from around the country and around the world. You can use this database to search active clinical studies on psychedelics and to search for recruitment opportunities. Just perform a simple search for “psychedelic” or anything else that you may be looking for in the search box. You can filter your search option and only search studies that are currently open for “recruitment.”
- The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies: If you are already not aware, MAPS is streamlining research for MDMA-assisted psychotherapy. Check out their Participate in Research page for more information about how to get involved in one of their studies
- Usona Institute – Usona Institute is currently in the planning phases for our multi-site Phase 2 clinical research program focused on psilocybin as a treatment for major depressive disorder (MDD).
- Heffter Research Institute – The Heffter Research Institute promotes research of the highest scientific quality with the classic hallucinogens and related compounds (sometimes called psychedelics) in order to contribute to a greater understanding of the mind leading to the improvement of the human condition, and to alleviate suffering.
- Compass Pathways – Compass is running a randomized controlled trial of psilocybin therapy for treatment-resistant depression. This will be the largest clinical study of its kind and is taking place in a number of clinical trial sites across Europe and North America.
- Medicinal Mindfulness and DMTx:: Are you interested in participating in an extended-state DMT research project? Medicinal Mindfulness is currently in the process of putting a study together. Learn more at DMTx.org or sign up for the DMTx Psychonaut Training
Online surveys are a great way to contribute to the field of psychedelic research. Here is a list of online surveys that you can participate in.
For Researchers: If you want to add your research study to the list, please send us an email.
- Online study of psychedelic treatment for complex trauma https://newschool.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_56i4ifvbdKmVUP3
- Psychedelics & Entrepreneurship: Potential Influence of Psychedelics on Cognitive Performance and Purpose-Seeking Behavior. https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/N2C5B2R
- Johns Hopkins University: Self-report survey – Have you had an encounter with a seemingly autonomous entity after taking DMT?
- Psychedelic Surveys: Psychedelic Survey is a collaborative research platform powering today’s groundbreaking research into psychedelics and the mind.