In this episode of Psychedelics Today, host Kyle Buller interviews Alyssa Gursky, a Masters student at Naropa University with a focus in mental health counseling and transpersonal art therapy. Their discussion dives into the intersection between art therapy, transpersonal art, and psychedelics. Ketamine, symbols, and meaning are also areas of this interview.
3 Key Points:
- Alyssa Gursky has been working with the MDMA research In Boulder, Colorado and now in Fort Collins for the last three years as a night attendant.
- Creating art is a gift from our unconscious, to be able to see what is happening within ourselves.
- There is art in therapy and there is art as therapy.
- Alyssa Gursky has been involved with the MDMA research In Boulder, Colorado and now in Fort Collins for the last three years as a night attendant.
- Making art is one of the most intimate ways to be with yourself.
- Alyssa is approaching her 20th ketamine session. Each session typically is two hours long.
- So much of art therapy is getting out of your own way.
- Alejandro Jodorowsky practices psychotherapy in France, and doesn’t charge, and wrote a book called Psychomagic.
- To be a licensed professional councilor LPC in Colorado touch isn’t allowed.
- Communication and consent is import to psychedelic therapy.
- MDMA psychotherapy can initiate healing on a deep level.
- Race-based trauma psychotherapy is underway.
- Art can make people feel deeply about experiences outside of their own.
- Psychedelic Art Therapy – Alyssa’s site
- Transpersonal Art Therapy
- Ketamine Therapy with Scott Shannon
- Ketamine Therapy with Shane LeMaster
- Innate Path – Ketamine and Cannabis assisted psychotherapy
- Honoring My Inner Goddess: How Mushrooms Helped Me Love My Body
- Wim Hof Method & Breathwork
- Wim Hof and autonomic nervous system and immune response
- Cold Exposure – Wim Hof Method by Justin Weiss
- Alejandro Jodorowsky
About Alyssa Gursky
Alyssa Gursky is a master’s level candidate in Transpersonal Art Therapy. She currently is subcontracted by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) on their study using MDMA for treatment-resistant post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on their Boulder and Fort Collins sites. She’s incredibly passionate about the healing potential of the creative process and the body’s innate wisdom. She loves science fiction, anything by Alejandro Jodorowsky, and petting all of the dogs.