It is the week of the 4th of July. That means the United States is celebrating the signing of the Declaration of Independence, breaking free from the British Empire, and becoming an independent nation. With the holiday underway, it seems like a great time to reflect on the concept of freedom (including cognitive liberty) and what it means to each and every one of us.
In honor of Independence Day and the Declaration of Independence, here is a quote by Terence McKenna:
In this episode, Joe and Kyle reflect on the concept of personal freedom, cognitive liberty, and the impact that the War on Drugs has on the American people. It seems to be the consensus that the War on Drugs is failing. The policy has huge negative consequences on people across the globe, and significantly marginalizes minority groups and people of color.
As psychedelic research continues to progress in the academic and scientific realm, many people are still subjected to arrest and imprisonment because of this failed policy. Kyle and Joe share their thoughts about the pursuit for cognitive liberty and personal freedom.
The unexamined life is not worth living – Socrates
Do you think that exploring one’s own consciousness, whether through plants or other drugs, be illegal? Why should a person have to “ask permission” to have an experience with their own body, mind, and spirit?
Let us know your thoughts about this topic.
Joe and Kyle also talk about their new upcoming course, Navigating Psychedelics: Lessons on Self-Care & Integration. Be sure to check out this course and sign up TODAY!
We are giving away a SPECIAL offer just for the 4th of July! Receive 10% off our Earl-Bird special with the coupon code “freedom” when you check out. You do not want to miss this offer!
- Cacao Ceremonies
- Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics
- Kids for Cash
- The Road to Eleusis: Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries
- The Big Chew Podcast – Psychedelics, Healing, and Transformation
- Confessions of an Economic Hitman
- United Nations and World Health Organisation call for drugs to be decriminalised
- Tennessee man, woman charged after getting lost while high on magic mushrooms, calling 911
- Ohio 3-Strike Penalty Proposal
- Burning Man Drug Testing
- Gabor Maté M.D.- The Body Says No
- Bessel van der Kolk M.D. – The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- Carl Hart – High Price: A Neuroscientist’s Journey of Self-Discovery That Challenges Everything You Know About Drugs and Society (P.S.)
- New York’s “Stop & Frisk” Policy
- Psychedelic Experience
Geoffery Schwartz presents: Cognitive Liberty and Entheogenic Freedom for ERIE