In this episode, Kyle talks with Leia Friedman, co-founder of the Boston Entheogenic Network (BEN) and also known as “The Psychedologist.” Kyle recently was invited to facilitate an “Introduction to Transpersonal Breathwork” workshop for BEN. Joe also was in town for the weekend and presented a talk about “Breathwork, Psychedelics, and Ecological Collapse.” It was a great psychedelic weekend in Massachusetts.
After the workshop, Kyle had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Leia about her interests in the psychedelic field, feminism and eco-feminism, and how she got involved with starting a psychedelic group in Boston. She provides some helpful tips and advice for creating/starting your own local group.
Tips for starting your own psychedelic group:
- First, what is the point of the group?
- What is the purpose or mission?
- Learn about your local laws and the legal risks
- Do not condone or facilitate illegal activity
- Go slow
- Find the others to help you out
- Check in with yourself and the other members of the group
- Protect your members
- Start online to gain awareness and then start an in-person meet up
Sign up below to get your FREE download “How to Create Your Own Psychedelic Group”
We hope you enjoy this episode and let us know what you think!
- The Boston Entheogenic Network Facebook Group
- Leia Friedman’s Articles on Psymposia
- Creating your own psychedelic group
- Transpersonal Breathwork
- Entheogen – Coined by Carl A. P. Ruck, Jeremy Bigwood, Danny Staples, Richard Evans Schultes, Jonathan Ott and R. Gordon Wasson
- What Monkeys Can Teach Us About Human Behavior: From Facts to Fiction
- The Fifth Sacred Thing: By Starhawk
About Leia Friedman
Leia Friedman is a professor, clinician, writer and the cofounder of Boston Entheogenic Network. Her present focus is an amalgamation of psychology, ecology, and experiences of altered consciousness as tools for deeper self-understanding. She is also involved in local social and climate justice activism, alphabet soup, and body positivity.