Navigating Psychedelics: For Therapists and Clinicians
Psychedelics have been making headlines in mainstream media and more people are becoming interested in the potential therapeutic benefits of these substances. There is a good chance that your clients may be developing an interest in wanting to work or already have worked with these substances. How does one support or work with clients who are bringing their psychedelic experiences into the therapy room? What do you need to know about doing integration work with clients? These questions and more will be explored throughout the course!
This live online course will provide a transpersonal theoretical framework for understanding the psychedelic experience and also explore integration techniques and practices. There will be eight virtual classroom meetings where students will have an opportunity to connect with each other, ask questions, and engage with the course presenters. Students will also get full and lifetime access to our online course, Navigating Psychedelics: Lessons on Self-Care & Integration and a bonus course for therapists and clinicians, which comes with masterclasses that include ethics of providing integration therapy, challenges and successes of providing integration therapy, and more.
By taking this class you will
- Learn to plan for success with psychedelic substances
- Build a toolkit that will allow you to better handle difficult experiences for you and your clients
- Learn integration group best practices
- Gain tools that will allow you to improve safety
- understand the variety of drugs available and how to make informed decisions about them
- Acquire different approaches to psychedelic use including microdosing, recreational and ceremonial uses
- Explore a framework for understanding and working with psychedelic experiences
- Walk through personal integration experiences
- And more!
What’s included in the Tool Kit:
- Tips on how to facilitate/start your own support group
- Journaling exercises
- Guided meditation practices
- Breathwork & other somatic techniques
- Kyle and Joe’s personal integration stories
- A Spotify music playlist
- Physical and digital copies of the Navigating Psychedelics Today: Trip Journal and Integration Workbook
About Kyle Buller, M.S.
Kyle’s interest in exploring non-ordinary states of consciousness began when he was 16-years-old when he suffered a traumatic snowboarding accident. Waking up after having a near-death experience changed Kyle’s life. Since then, Kyle has earned his B.A. in Transpersonal Psychology, where he studied the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness by exploring shamanism, plant medicine, Holotropic Breathwork, and the roots/benefits of psychedelic psychotherapy. Kyle has co-taught two college-level courses. One of the courses Kyle created as a capstone project, “Stanislav Grof’s Psychology of Extraordinary Experiences,” and the other one which he co-created, “The History of Psychedelics.”
Kyle completed his M.S. in clinical mental health counseling with an emphasis in somatic psychology. Kyle’s clinical background in mental health consists of working with at-risk teenagers in crisis and with individuals experiencing an early-episode of psychosis. Kyle also facilitates Transpersonal Breathwork workshops and is a Spiritual Emergence Coach.
About Joe Moore
Joe studied philosophy in New Hampshire, where he earned his B.A.. After stumbling upon the work of Stanislav Grof during his undergraduate years, Joe began participating in Holotropic Breathwork workshops in Vermont in 2003. Joe helped facilitate Holotropic and Transpersonal Breathwork workshops while he spent his time in New England. He is now working in the software industry as well as hosting a few podcasts. Joe now coordinates Dreamshadow Transpersonal Breathwork workshops, in Breckenridge, Colorado.