Navigating Psychedelics: Your Guide to Understanding and Integrating Psychedelic Experiences
Psychedelics have been making headlines in mainstream media and more people are becoming interested in the potential therapeutic benefits of these substances. With this peak in interest, people are also going out and finding their own experiences. It is not uncommon for people to have very profound experiences and become confused about what to do next or how to work with the experience afterward. The term integration refers to the process of working with one’s experience and learning how to move it forward in his or her daily life.
This live online course will provide a transpersonal theoretical framework for understanding the psychedelic experience and also explore integration techniques and practices. There will be five (5) virtual classroom meetings where students will have an opportunity to connect with each other, ask questions, and engage with the course presenters. Students will also get full and lifetime access to our online course, Navigating Psychedelics: Lessons on Self-Care & Integration
The curriculum is subject to change depending on group interests.
Week 1: Wednesday, May 15th – Introduction Week: Group introductions and intention setting for the course. We will explore each other’s interests.
Week 2: May 22nd- Preparation & Safety: Harm Reduction
Week 3: May 29 – The Psychedelic Experience: Dr. Stanislav Grof’s theoretical framework
Week 4: June 5th– Self-Care & Integration
Week 5: June 12th – Beyond Integration – Exploring what it means to go beyond Integration
*Online Virtual Meetings: May 15th, 22nd, 29th, and June 5th and 12th
By taking this class you will
- Learn to plan for success with psychedelic substances
- Build a toolkit that will allow you to better handle difficult experiences for you and your friends (skills, journaling practices, integration group best practices)
- Present you with tools that will allow you to test substances to improve safety
- Gain knowledge of the variety of drugs available and how to make more informed decisions about them
- Acquire different approaches to psychedelic use including microdosing, recreational and ceremonial uses
- Explore a framework for understanding and working with psychedelic experiences
- Walk through personal integration experiences
- And much more!
What’s included in the Tool Kit:
- Tips on how to facilitate/start your own support group
- Journaling exercises
- Guided meditation practices
- Breathwork & other somatic techniques
- Kyle and Joe’s personal integration stories
- A Spotify music playlist
- Physical and digital copies of the Navigating Psychedelics Today: Trip Journal and Integration Workbook
Dates and Time:
The class will meet 5 times. Meetings will be held on Wednesday nights from 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Eastern Time / 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm PST
May 15, 22, 29, and June 5th and 12th
*Seats are limited to 10
Kyle’s interest in exploring non-ordinary states of consciousness began when he was 16-years-old when he suffered a traumatic snowboarding accident. Waking up after having a near-death experience changed Kyle’s life. Since then, Kyle has earned his B.A. in Transpersonal Psychology, where he studied the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness by exploring shamanism, plant medicine, Holotropic Breathwork, and the roots/benefits of psychedelic psychotherapy. Kyle has co-taught two college-level courses. One of the courses Kyle created as a capstone project, “Stanislav Grof’s Psychology of Extraordinary Experiences,” and the other one which he co-created, “The History of Psychedelics.”
Kyle is currently pursuing his M.S. in clinical mental health counseling with an emphasis in somatic psychology. Kyle’s clinical background in mental health consists of working with at-risk teenagers in crisis and with individuals experiencing an early-episode of psychosis. Kyle also facilitates Transpersonal Breathwork workshops.
Joe studied philosophy in New Hampshire, where he earned his B.A.. After stumbling upon the work of Stanislav Grof during his undergraduate years, Joe began participating in Holotropic Breathwork workshops in Vermont in 2003. Joe helped facilitate Holotropic and Transpersonal Breathwork workshops while he spent his time in New England. He is now working in the software industry as well as hosting a few podcasts. Joe now coordinates Dreamshadow Transpersonal Breathwork workshops, in Breckenridge, Colorado.