Neal M. Goldsmith, Ph.D. is a psychotherapist specializing in psychospiritual development. He is a popular speaker on drug policy reform, spiritual maturation, and the emergence of an integral society (a six-minute clip of his talk on the “Fusion of Spirit and Science” may be found at: http://vimeo.com/7517009) and an author, most recently of Psychedelic Healing: The Promise of Entheogens for Psychotherapy and Spiritual Development.
Dr. Goldsmith has curated dozens of successful conferences and cross-disciplinary “meetings of minds” for corporations as well as the psychedelic community, including the Horizons and MAPS Psychedelic Science conferences. He is a founder of several discussion salons on integral philosophy, governance, media, postmodern science, healing, and the future of society.
Trained in humanistic, transpersonal, and eastern traditions, Dr. Goldsmith maintains a (non-psychedelic) psychotherapy practice in New York and Sag Harbor, NY, and may be reached via his Web site: http://www.nealgoldsmith.com/psychedelics. Continue reading “Neal M. Goldsmith, Ph.D. – Psychedelic Healing”
Tom Shroder Joe and Kyle talk about Tom’s great book titled “Acid Test: LSD, Ecstasy, and the Power to Heal”. Tom is an editor, and author of a number of books as well as the former editor of the Washington Post.
Interviewing Tom was real fun and we appreciate him joining us for the show.
We get into some great topics including
- Tom’s interesting connection to Rick Doblin
- The history of Rick’s rise to influence
- The story of the Mithoefers transitioning from emergency medicine and sailing to Holotropic Breathwork and MDMA research
- The book and this interview also follow the story of a US Marine who came home with treatment resistant PTSD and was then treated by the Mithoefers with MDMA as part of their research.
The book is amazing and well worth your time if you want to get familiarized with the hopes and history of psychedelic research.
Tom giving a talk in Berkley covered by CSAPN
Acid Test on Amazon
In this episode we speak with Dimitri about a ton of interesting subjects including:
- Dana Beal
- Structural Criticism
- Problems with giving psychedelics to the current medical system
- Psychedelic Anarchy
- Non-hierarchical organizing – making the group the parent instead of making a person the parent
- Peer programs
- Alexandre Tannous
- Century of Self documentary
“Be hurt, forgive and organize”
Blessings of the Forest – Give back to Gabon